isn’t access just about people using a wheelchair?
No, it isn’t.
- It can be someone who doesn’t see where the edge of the pavement is.
- It can be a young man using elbow-crutches recovering from a football injury.
- It can be a person who can’t hear the approaching bus.
- It can be a young mother struggling with shopping bags and a child in a pushchair.
- It can be someone who can’t climb or jump as he used to.
It could be YOU.
Again, haven’t all disability problems been solved by legislation? Wouldn’t the access improvements have happened anyway?
While the disability discrimination laws and the new building regulations have certainly helped, they left many gaps. People still have to be reminded of what’s required. That’s where the access group comes in.